Hello is a Dangerous Word: poetry
It’s been awhile since I last shared one of my poems, so in honor of the Yuletide season here is one that is very much from my heart. Blessed be.
We never said farewell but the end crept
I’ll always remember
you smell of salt
from the sea,
rich, dark soil,
and milky tea.
Still, your labyrinth
wants to tangle
for all eternity.
Still, I feel
the world from me.
is a dangerous
What does one of my oracle card readings in story form look like?
Although most of you are familiar with and know what to expect from a one, two, or three card reading, there seems to be a bit of confusion as to what my story readings are like.
I decided to share this as an example, so you have a better idea as to what to expect.
1. The amount of cards vary according to the querent’s question and my own intuition.
2. I include a standard “this is what the cards are telling me in response to your question” in the same pdf file as the story.
The above spread was in response to the following question: How do I overcome the obstacles/blocks that prevent me from achieving my goals and dreams?
The querent chose my Wisdom of Avalon cards. She also shared with me that her main goal was creative in nature, but she had fears that prevented her from moving forward.
The cards told me that:
1. She was in the process of a major transformation
2. Her need to create is something she should take seriously. It has potential to grow into something meaningful and fruitful.
3. She’s had a lot of grief and hard times and has been healing. Her thoughts prevent her from trusting her intuition and moving her projects forward.
4. She hasn’t received a lot of help and would benefit from asking for help from those she can trust, and/or building relationships with new friends and asking for help for what she needs to move forward.
5. There is a lot of potential for surrounding herself with loyal friends. By trusting in her own abilities, asking for help and learning to receive, and keeping close and loyal friends nearby she will succeed in making her dreams a reality.
I included the above (worded a bit differently, but this is the general idea) and then attached the story. It was something like this:
Once there was a creature who lived in dark, murky water. She had experienced much grief, and pain, and loss. She lived all alone and had to rely on herself without receiving any help from others. At one time she had given freely to others, and they took and took without giving anything back or offering their thanks. This exhausted the creature and she retreated further and further away from her fellow creatures. It’s quite possible that she was hiding away, licking her wounds in private. Although she didn’t know it, this serpent creature was in the process of shedding her snakeskin. Her transformation had begun.
Though she lived in a dark place, she carried a secret glimmer of light in her heart. This light was similar to the special stone carried in the left pocket of a sea otter, only Sea Otters’ stones are solid and useful tools whereas the serpent’s stone was invisible—though every bit as precious. This stone, a heart-stone, was like a a seed planted in her heart, waiting to blossom. It contained all of her creative potential, her hopes and dreams.
On a day much like any other, the creature noticed a flicker of light. Completely entranced, she followed the light, which grew brighter and more luminous the closer she found herself to it. Ignoring her thoughts and trusting completely in her intuition, she followed the light to the place where sea meets shore. The light grew into a gargantuan being, so bright the creature had to look away. When she glanced back she saw a magnificent horse!
The horse spoke to her. It said, “I am your guide. I have been waiting for you for as long as I can remember. Let me help you find your way back to your path.” The creature didn’t know how to reply. She wasn’t used to accepting help. Finally, with tears in her eyes and a heart full of gratitude she agreed. The creature slithered out of the water, and in another flash of light found that she too had transformed. She barely recognized herself, but accepted her new snow-white feathered form with much thanks. She was surprised and glad to see her heart-stone for the first time. It was a brilliant jewel tied around her graceful, swan neck.
The swan learned to see with her heart, and to listen with her spirit. The moment she accepted help from her horse guide, she discovered that he was no longer a horse, but a golden dog—her most loyal, faithful companion. The two friends wandered side by side, walking along paths next to each other, occasionally finding they were walking the same path for a time, but always near to each other. They helped each other find their way through the world. They trusted their hearts, accepted as well as gave gifts, and shared their creations with the world.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask right here. .
You can book your own Story/Oracle Card Reading here.
Choosing a Word of the Year for 2020 With Tarot.
I usually wait until January 1st to choose my word or theme for the year ahead, but perhaps because the first new moon after winter solstice arrives on December 26th this year, and that is the start of the Birch Moon in Ogham (new beginnings), I have chosen my word early.
This time, I chose my word with a little help from a tarot deck. It was a beautiful process, and one that you might wish to try.
Here’s what I did.
* I thought about my year (2019) as a whole. What was it I had hoped would happen versus what actually happened? What was my main struggle this year?
* I realized my main struggle involved a lack mentality, so in order to fix this I needed to focus on WEALTH. Next year (2020) my focus will be on receiving prosperity. I gave so much this year, and while I’m grateful for so much, if I’m really honest with myself I received very little in return. I won’t stop giving, but I do need to work through blocks with RECEIVING wealth.
* I then intuitively chose a tarot deck, shuffled it, spread out all the cards, closed my eyes and chose a card. My card was Shaman of Discs (King of Pentacles). This card just confirmed for me that my focus for next year needs to be on receiving wealth.
So, in 2020 I will manifest WEALTH. This is my intention for the year.
Have you chosen your word/theme for the year? What’s your process for deciding?
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
Caitlin Gemmell operates the https://www.caitlingemmell.com website, which provides the SERVICE.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service, the Enchanted Simplicity website.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses these "cookies" to collection information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.