Hello is a Dangerous Word: poetry
It’s been awhile since I last shared one of my poems, so in honor of the Yuletide season here is one that is very much from my heart. Blessed be.
We never said farewell but the end crept
I’ll always remember
you smell of salt
from the sea,
rich, dark soil,
and milky tea.
Still, your labyrinth
wants to tangle
for all eternity.
Still, I feel
the world from me.
is a dangerous
What does one of my oracle card readings in story form look like?
Although most of you are familiar with and know what to expect from a one, two, or three card reading, there seems to be a bit of confusion as to what my story readings are like.
I decided to share this as an example, so you have a better idea as to what to expect.
1. The amount of cards vary according to the querent’s question and my own intuition.
2. I include a standard “this is what the cards are telling me in response to your question” in the same pdf file as the story.
The above spread was in response to the following question: How do I overcome the obstacles/blocks that prevent me from achieving my goals and dreams?
The querent chose my Wisdom of Avalon cards. She also shared with me that her main goal was creative in nature, but she had fears that prevented her from moving forward.
The cards told me that:
1. She was in the process of a major transformation
2. Her need to create is something she should take seriously. It has potential to grow into something meaningful and fruitful.
3. She’s had a lot of grief and hard times and has been healing. Her thoughts prevent her from trusting her intuition and moving her projects forward.
4. She hasn’t received a lot of help and would benefit from asking for help from those she can trust, and/or building relationships with new friends and asking for help for what she needs to move forward.
5. There is a lot of potential for surrounding herself with loyal friends. By trusting in her own abilities, asking for help and learning to receive, and keeping close and loyal friends nearby she will succeed in making her dreams a reality.
I included the above (worded a bit differently, but this is the general idea) and then attached the story. It was something like this:
Once there was a creature who lived in dark, murky water. She had experienced much grief, and pain, and loss. She lived all alone and had to rely on herself without receiving any help from others. At one time she had given freely to others, and they took and took without giving anything back or offering their thanks. This exhausted the creature and she retreated further and further away from her fellow creatures. It’s quite possible that she was hiding away, licking her wounds in private. Although she didn’t know it, this serpent creature was in the process of shedding her snakeskin. Her transformation had begun.
Though she lived in a dark place, she carried a secret glimmer of light in her heart. This light was similar to the special stone carried in the left pocket of a sea otter, only Sea Otters’ stones are solid and useful tools whereas the serpent’s stone was invisible—though every bit as precious. This stone, a heart-stone, was like a a seed planted in her heart, waiting to blossom. It contained all of her creative potential, her hopes and dreams.
On a day much like any other, the creature noticed a flicker of light. Completely entranced, she followed the light, which grew brighter and more luminous the closer she found herself to it. Ignoring her thoughts and trusting completely in her intuition, she followed the light to the place where sea meets shore. The light grew into a gargantuan being, so bright the creature had to look away. When she glanced back she saw a magnificent horse!
The horse spoke to her. It said, “I am your guide. I have been waiting for you for as long as I can remember. Let me help you find your way back to your path.” The creature didn’t know how to reply. She wasn’t used to accepting help. Finally, with tears in her eyes and a heart full of gratitude she agreed. The creature slithered out of the water, and in another flash of light found that she too had transformed. She barely recognized herself, but accepted her new snow-white feathered form with much thanks. She was surprised and glad to see her heart-stone for the first time. It was a brilliant jewel tied around her graceful, swan neck.
The swan learned to see with her heart, and to listen with her spirit. The moment she accepted help from her horse guide, she discovered that he was no longer a horse, but a golden dog—her most loyal, faithful companion. The two friends wandered side by side, walking along paths next to each other, occasionally finding they were walking the same path for a time, but always near to each other. They helped each other find their way through the world. They trusted their hearts, accepted as well as gave gifts, and shared their creations with the world.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask right here. .
You can book your own Story/Oracle Card Reading here.
Choosing a Word of the Year for 2020 With Tarot.
I usually wait until January 1st to choose my word or theme for the year ahead, but perhaps because the first new moon after winter solstice arrives on December 26th this year, and that is the start of the Birch Moon in Ogham (new beginnings), I have chosen my word early.
This time, I chose my word with a little help from a tarot deck. It was a beautiful process, and one that you might wish to try.
Here’s what I did.
* I thought about my year (2019) as a whole. What was it I had hoped would happen versus what actually happened? What was my main struggle this year?
* I realized my main struggle involved a lack mentality, so in order to fix this I needed to focus on WEALTH. Next year (2020) my focus will be on receiving prosperity. I gave so much this year, and while I’m grateful for so much, if I’m really honest with myself I received very little in return. I won’t stop giving, but I do need to work through blocks with RECEIVING wealth.
* I then intuitively chose a tarot deck, shuffled it, spread out all the cards, closed my eyes and chose a card. My card was Shaman of Discs (King of Pentacles). This card just confirmed for me that my focus for next year needs to be on receiving wealth.
So, in 2020 I will manifest WEALTH. This is my intention for the year.
Have you chosen your word/theme for the year? What’s your process for deciding?
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies