Now that it is well and truly autumn, I thought I’d plan my autumn reading list. Those of you who have been following me on Instagram @caitsdreamscapes www.instagram.com/caitsdreamscapes/ for a while know that I am not really the kind of woman to stick to a tbr list. I might plan a few books I intend on reading by a certain date, and yet I almost invariably read according to my mood.
That being said, I created my Autumn 2018 Reading List. The books in this list are books I hope to get to this season, but knowing me I will probably only read some of them and will pick up others I hadn’t even thought of reading.
So, without further ado, here is my list:
1. The Betsy-Tacy books by Maud Hart Lovelace. I re-read Betsy and the Great World and Betsy’s Wedding recently. I’d forgotten how much I love these charming books. I started reading the series aloud to my little boy the other day. We are already on Betsy-Tacy and Tib. I’m not sure how many of these books we’ll get to this fall, but hopefully most of them at least. This time of year I crave cozy reads, so this fits the bill perfectly.
2. Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor. My friend Stefie, www.instagram.com/stefiereads/ on Instagram, kindly sent me this book a while back. I loved Strange the Dreamer, so I’m keen on reading more Laini Taylor. I read a lot of fantasy books as a pre-teen, but haven’t paid much attention to this genre as an adult. I tend to gravitate towards magical realism more than fantasy or young adult fantasy books. I’m hoping to expand in this area.
3. The Last Equation of Isaac Severy by Nova Jacobs. I adore mysteries. This one sounds intriguing. I got it from Book of the Month club, and haven’t had time to read it. I’m hoping to get to it this fall.
4. The Victorian and the Romantic: a memoir, a love story, and a friendship across time by Nell Stevens. This is about the author’s experience with developing a fascination with the Victorian era novelist, Elizabeth Gaskell. It sounds fascinating and I can’t wait to start it. I was pleased to win this one in a giveaway.
5. an Agatha Christie. I’ve probably read everything she ever wrote, or at least had published. There is nothing cozier to me than reading an Agatha Christie book in the autumn as I breathe in the scent of bread baking in the oven, woodsmoke from the cabin/studio coming in through the open window, feel the warmth from a hot mug of tea in my hand. I haven’t chosen one yet. I’ll probably pay a visit to my local library next week.
6. Jane Eyre. I’ve been attempting to reread, or read for the first time, at least one classic a year. I reread Jane Austen’s Emma over the summer, and now I’m really feeling called to pick up Jane Eyre. I know I said I like cozy books in the autumn, but I also like darker, melancholic books too.
I’m sure I will add to this list as I see fit, but this is a good start anyway. What books do you plan on reading this autumn? Do you plan out your tbr, or are you more of a mood reader? What books do you think I should add to this list? Are there any you have read lately that you think I MUST read too?
Also, are you on Goodreads? I’ve been spending more time on there lately, and I’m getting better at updating my current reads. Come find me on Goodreads www.goodreads.com/user/show/64447147-caitlin-gemmell
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
Caitlin Gemmell operates the https://www.caitlingemmell.com website, which provides the SERVICE.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service, the Enchanted Simplicity website.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses these "cookies" to collection information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
Proudly powered by Weebly